- Location / Newcastle, England
- Venue / Newcastle City Hall
The first show by the band in this city since February 1980 on the club tour.
The first time at this venue.
Another show on the On Through The Night UK and World tour with Magnum and local/young acts in support.
The venue is located in the centre of the city and not far from the Newcastle United football ground St. James' Park and on the north side of the River Tyne.
It was opened in 1927 and is currently known as the O2 City Hall Newcastle.
It has hosted concerts from at least 1957 onwards.
The opener for this show was Tygers Of Pan Tang, a rock band based in Whitley Bay who also played at two other shows on this leg.
They featured Jess Cox (lead vocals), Brian Dick (drums), Richard Laws (bass), Robb Weir (guitars) and possibly John Sykes (guitars) who would later join Whitesnake and sing background vocals on the 'Adrenalize' album.
They went on to release their debut album 'Wild Cat' in August 1980.
Read more about this tour in thesection.
- 00 - When The Walls Came Tumblin' Down Album Intro
setlist - (Unconfirmed)
- 01 -
- 02 -
- 03 -
- 04 -
- 05 - Medicine Man (unreleased)
- 06 -
- 07 - When The Rain Falls (unreleased)
- 08 -
- 09 - - (With Pete Willis/Steve Clark Guitar Duel)
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 - - (May have been played)
- View -
songs by album / single
- 1980 - - 11
- 1980 - - 1
- 1979 - - 1
- Tour -
- Fan Recorded -
- Venue -
- Venue Address - Northumberland Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 8SF
- English County/Region - Tyne and Wear/North East
- Area Map -
- Last Show Here -
- Capacity - 2,135
- Attendance - n/a
- Total Gross - n/a
- Show Time - 7:30pm
- Tickets - £2.50/£3
- Promoter - M.C.P./Midland Concert Promotions
- Headliner - Def Leppard
- Support Act - Magnum
- Support Act - Tygers Of Pan Tang
- 01 - - Lead Vocals
- 02 - - Guitars
- 03 - - Guitars
- 04 - - Bass
- 05 - - Drums
share this setlist:
venue street view
explore def leppard tour history