- Buy Single @ -
- Def Leppard Tour History -
- UK Release Date - 15th June 1992.
- US Release Date - 9th June 1992.
- Format - 7/12 Inch/CD/CASS.
- Producer - Mike Shipley/Def Leppard.
- UK Record Label - Bludgeon Riffola/Phonogram.
- US Record Label - Mercury.
- Special Formats - Picture Disc CD Single - part two of 'Let's Get Rocked' boxed set.
- Special Formats - Numbered Limited Edition 12 Inch Picture Disc. I have number 06040.
- Special Formats - US Picture Disc Gatefold Card Sleeve Promo CD.
- Special Formats - French Limited Edition CD single with Guitar Pick.
- UK Chart - 12 (4th July 1992/5 weeks on chart)
- US Chart - 36 (18th July 1992/10 weeks on chart)
- From The Album -
- News Link -
- News Link -
- Lead Vocals -
- Bass -
- Guitars -
- Drums -
- Guitars - - (Tracks 03/04 only)
Single Notes By DefDazz/Darren
The second single from 'Adrenalize' was released in June 1992. 'Make Love Like A Man' was released in the run up to the bands new In The Round world tour which started in Dublin, Ireland. The song was one of the few UK singles after Hysteria that climbed up the UK Top 40 after it's first entry. It got to number 12 after three weeks. It also reached the Top 30 in Australia and New Zealand.
Three new songs were released as UK B-Sides, two new songs by Phil and Joe plus a cover of a song by Sweet. The single was again released on CD (Part two of the CD Singles box), 7" and another picture disc 12". Starting with this single the remaining four from the album featured one band member only on the reverse side - Phil/Joe/Vivian and Rick but not Sav. Phil is shown holding a guitar on this one. Each of the discs were numbered and limited to around 7-10,000 copies.
The single is unique in that it contains the original versions of songs that would become the three singles released from the next album (Retro-Active).
7" Single Band Message
"Single #2 from Adrenalize - 'Make Love Like A Man' is our tongue-in-cheek look at a significant facet of human existence, while the 2nd track 'Miss You in a Heartbeat' is a Phil Collen composition originally recorded by Paul Rodgers' group, The Law. For 2 additional Def Leppard gems, check out the CD and 12" and have a really good time!."
CD/12" Single Band Message
"Single #2 from Adrenalize - 'Make Love Like A Man' is our tongue-in-cheek look at a significant facet of human existence. Take Note! Meanwhile, we've got a couple more unreleased tracks for you. 'Miss You in a Heartbeat' is a Phil Collen song of somewhat recent vintage - first recorded by Paul Rodgers' group, The Law. 'Two Steps Behind' is an Elliott composition performed totally acoustically - bass, 2 guitars and voice. Our first recorded acoustic performance! And finally, a version of a song by a group Joe really wishes he could've been in - 'Action' by Sweet. For those too young to remember, go listen to Sweet's Greatest Hits - a revalation - and for those who remember the original, let me say that in our efforts to duplicate every part recorded by messrs, Connolly, Priest, Scott and Tucker, we discovered some very interesting bits...don't worry, guys, we won't let on."
- Tracklisting >
- 01 -
- 02 -
- 03 -
- 04 -