DEF LEPPARD Release Digital Rarities PERFECT GIRL/ALL THE YOUNG DUDES (Live)
Def Leppard have released another three more digital tracks today from the 'X, YEAH!, Songs From The Sparkle Lounge: Rarities From The Vault' digital box set.
Part of the new Volume Three box setin April.
The third box set in the band's ongoing reissue series will be released on 11th June 2021.
Today (4th June) another three digital tracks have been issued from each of the bonus discs.
Now a total of 9 tracks are available to stream/download from the box set.
The newly released tracks include rare X/Ten era track 'Perfect Girl' which was demoed by Phil Collen and previously only available on the unofficial X Demos disc and briefly as a free online download.
The 1996 Slang tour recording of 'All the Young Dudes' which featured Ian Hunter on lead vocals and was previously not available digitally and exclusive to the CD version of Ian's 2000 compilation album 'Once Bitten Twice Shy'.
The song was recorded on 19th July 1996at the Orange County Fair.
The third track is the 1992 Rolling Stone's cover 'You Can't Always Get What You Wanted' from the 'Adrenalize' B-Sides.
Listen to/download all six released tracks so far below.
The three bonus albums of B Sides, live tracka and rarities is also being issued as a separate digital box set.
Titled - 'X, YEAH!, Songs From The Sparkle Lounge: Rarities From The Vault', it features all 30 bonus tracks included over the 3 CD's/5 vinyl discs.
One of the largest releases of digital material by the band after the January 2018 catalogue releases and 'The Early Years' box set from 2020.
The Collections Volume One and Two sets did not see any of the bonus disc tracks made available to buy digitally or to stream.
Visit thesection. For more news on future tour plans.
Visit thesection for more news on new music (based on band member quotes).
Def Leppard Collection - Photo Gallery
Vinyl and CD collections Volume 3.
Buy 'X, YEAH!, Songs From The Sparkle Lounge: Rarities From The Vault' Online
- X, YEAH! & Songs From The Sparkle Lounge: Rarities From The Vault -
- Vinyl Collection: Volume Three (9 LP) -
- CD Collection: Volume Three (6 CD) -
- Vinyl - Songs From The Sparkle Lounge -
- Vinyl - YEAH! (2 LP) -
- Vinyl - X -
- Catalogue Number - 818018 - (CD)
- Catalogue Number - 818002 - (Vinyl)
- Record Company - UMC/Mercury
- Release Date - 11th June
X, YEAH!, Songs From The Sparkle Lounge: Rarities From The Vault - Tracklisting
- 01 - Now (Radio Edit) - (B-Side – "Now")
- 02 - Long Long Way To Go (Radio Edit) - (B-Side – "Long Way To Go")
- 03 - Kiss The Day (X – Japanese/UK Bonus Track)
- 04 - 10 X Bigger Than Love (- B-Side - "Long Way To Go") -
- 05 - Love Don’t Lie (Demo) – (B-Side – "Now")
- 06 - Let Me Be The One (Demo) – (B-Side – "Now")
- 07 - Gimmie A Job – (B-Side – "Long Long Way To Go")
- 08 - Now (Live Acoustic Version) – (B-Side – "Long Long Way To Go")
- 09 - Long Long Way To Go (Stripped Version) – (Limited Edition Bonus Track)
- 10 - Nine Lives (Joe Only Vocal Version) -
- 11 - Perfect Girl – (Website Exclusive (Phil Collen Demo) -
- 12 - Love – (Piano Version)
Various B Sides plus songs previously unreleased (on CD/Vinyl on Digital) from the 2002/2003 X era singles and X/Sparkle Lounge album editions. LLWTG stripped version previously titled as Acoustic Version in 2002 and part of the UK/Japanese album editions.
YEAH! II (Covers)
- 01 - Only After Dark – (B-Side – "Let’s Get Rocked")
- 02 - You Can’t Always Get What You Want – (B-Side - "Have You Needed Someone So Bad") -
- 03 - Little Wing – (B-Side - "Have You Needed Someone So Bad")
- 04 - Ziggy Stardust (Live) – B-Side - "Slang")
- 05 - Under My Wheels – (B-Side - "Goodbye")
- 06 - Who Do You Love? – (B-Side - "Goodbye")
- 07 - Rebel Rebel – (B-Side - "Now") -
- 08 - Led Boots – (B-Side – "All I Want Is Everything")
- 09 - 'Cause We Ended As Lovers – (B-Side – "All I Want Is Everything")
- 10 - Search And Destroy – (YEAH! Bonus Disc Exclusive)
- 11 - How Does It Feel -(YEAH! Bonus Disc Exclusive (iTunes Exclusive)
- 12 - Roxanne (Phil’s Demo) - (Previously Unreleased)
- 13 - Dear Friends – (YEAH! Bonus Disc Exclusive)
- 14 - Winter Song – (YEAH! Bonus Disc Exclusive)
- 15 - American Girl – (YEAH! Bonus Disc Exclusive)
- 16 - Heartbeat – (YEAH! Bonus Disc Exclusive)
- 17 - Space Oddity – (YEAH! Bonus Disc Exclusive)
- 18 - When I’m Dead And Gone – (YEAH! Bonus Disc Exclusive) -
- 19 - Stay With Me – (B-Side "Now")
B Sides from various albums and including the first version of 'Stay With Me' from 2002 (recorded in 1999) plus some songs only previously available on bonus discs and as short lived iTunes exclusives.
- 01 - Elected (Live 1987) - B-Side "Heaven Is" -
- 02 - Action (Live 2005) – Yeah! Bonus Disc Exclusive
- 03 - No Matter What (Live 2005) – Yeah! Bonus Disc Exclusive
- 04 - Rock On (Live 2005) - (Previously Unreleased)
- 05 - Travellin’ Band (Live 1983) – Radio Edit (Previously Unreleased/From Pyromania Deluxe)
- 06 - Now I’m Here (Live London 1992) – B-Side "Tonight" -
- 07 - 20th Century Boy (Live 2006) – 2006 VH1 Rock Awards (Previously Unreleased)
- 08 - All The Young Dudes (Live 1996) – Once Bitten Twice Shy" Exclusive Track -
Includes the Walmart and Best Buy live songs from 2005 and previously unreleased material. Also includes a previously unreleased live version of 'Rock On' recorded at the same time and an edited version of Travellin’ Band from the LA Forum 1983.
Def Leppard CD/Vinyl Collections - News Quotes
"This the third in four volumes of the bands complete recorded output comes in both 180gm Vinyl and limited-edition CD box sets."
"They contain all the recordings from the band in the 2000’s and feature the original packaging on both formats."
"X, Yeah! and Songs from the Sparkle Lounge have never been available on Vinyl before."
"The albums were re-mastered by Ronan McHugh and Joe Elliott at Joe's Garage and cut by Greg Moore. Housed in rigid boxes the sets also contain a hard-backed book with rare photos by Ross Halfin and notes by Classic Rock’s Paul Elliott. Band members Joe Elliott, Rick Savage, Rick Allen and Phil Collen have also contributed introductions to the set."
"X the bands eighth studio album was released in July 2002, the album charted at 11 in the US charts and 14 in the UK version."
"The album was produced by Pete Woodroffe and the band – this is the first time the album has been available on vinyl."
"Released in May 2006, Yeah! Was the band’s first album of cover versions and featured some of the band favourite songs from over the years."
"The record itself charted in the US top twenty and the UK top 75, this is the first time the album has appeared on Vinyl."
"Songs from the Sparkle Lounge was the bands final album for Mercury and was judged by many as a return to the old rockier days of the band."
"The album charted in the top ten both sides of the Atlantic and also featured a collaboration with country and Western star Tim McGraw on Nine Lives."
"This also is the first time that the album has appeared in a vinyl format."
"The first of the box sets bonus discs – this collection features the B-Sides and extra tracks from the albums that make up the set."
"This in many cases is the first time they have appeared compiled or on vinyl."
"Set five features a collection of bonus studio cover versions from not only the Yeah! Album but also from the band’s other singles at the time."
"This album has (Like the other bonus discs) been compiled by Joe Elliott."
"For some this is the first time on a physical format both CD and vinyl."
Def Leppard / Latest Release
- - (Box Set/DVD/Blu-ray/CD)
- - (Album/Box Set)
Def Leppard / Latest Tour
Related News -
Related News -
Related News -
Related News -
Related News -
Related News -
- Def Leppard -
- Previous News -
share this story:
explore def leppard tour history