Thursday, 20th April 2017
On This Day in Def Leppard History - 20th April, the following concerts and events took place. Including the Freddie Mercury Tribute show at Wembley Stadium in London, England 25 years ago on this day in 1992.
The show featured the surviving members of Queen playing alongside special guests as a tribute to Freddie who had died in November 1991. Def Leppard played three songs before the headline set including 'Now I'm Here' with Brian May. Vivian Campbell was publicly unveiled as the new guitar player for the band following the death of Steve Clark in 1991.
about this live show anniversary and view photos/video.
Also on this day in 1997 the band played a club show in Buenos Aires, Argentina during the Slang tour. The show featured rarely played songs like 'Gift Of Flesh', 'Billy's Got A Gun' and an electric version of 'Ziggy Stardust'.
about this live show anniversary and view a new photo gallery.
Earlier today a new show was announced forat the Sao Paulo Trip festival on 24th September. The 40th show announced for the 2017 tour and second in Brazil.
As of 2017, Def Leppard have played 6 times on this date.
- Def Leppard History - Concerts/Events On This Day
- 20th April 2017 | Show Announcement - Sao Paulo Trip, Allianz Parque, Sao Paulo, BRAZIL -
- 20th April 2015 | EnCana Events Centre, Dawson Creek, BC, CANADA -
- 20th April 2013 | Kings Of Chaos - Stone Music Festival, Sydney, AUSTRALIA -
- 20th April 1997 | Club Show - Dr. Jekyll Club, Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA -
- 20th April 1992 | Freddie Mercury Tribute Show - Wembley Stadium, London, ENGLAND -
- 20th April 1988 | Queen's Hall, Leeds, ENGLAND -
- 20th April 1983 | Seattle Center Coliseum, Seattle, WA, USA -
- 20th April 1980 | City Hall, Newcastle, ENGLAND -
Use the previous news links to go back through each day in history to June 2011.
- Def Leppard -
- Def Leppard -
- Previous News -