- Location / Derby/Donington, England
- Venue / Donington Park Racetrack @ Castle Donington
- Event / Monsters Of Rock
The first show by the band in (or near) the city of Derby since July 1981.
The first time at this venue and festival.
The venue is located 13 miles South East of Derby city centre in Castle Donington.
The race track was opened in 1931.
The festival was held 15 times from 1980 to 1996 and once more in 2006 as Monsters Of Rock with the stage set up further north on the racetrack than the current location for Download.
Since 2003 it has been re-branded as the Download Festival with Def Leppard returning to headline three times in 2009, 2011 and 2019.
A historic gig back in England for the band.
The first high-profile show with Rick on his own again in front of a large crowd following the Irish warm up dates.
Guests backstage included bands families, Lars Ulrich and Brian May.
The audience recording is a good one including Rick's introduction during the encore song.
The first play for two 'Hysteria' songs, 'Love And Affection' and 'Run Riot' in England.
A shorter and rearranged setlist played at this outdoor festival show with the inclusion of 'Let It Go' for the first time on the tour.
Phil later featured in the documentary made by spoof band Bad News at this show called 'More Bad News'.
A decent quality audience recording exists from this show.
Read more about this show and event in thesection.
- 00 - Phil Collen Guitar Intro
- 01 -
- 02 -
- 03 -
- 04 - - (First time in England)
- 05 - - (First time in England)
- 06 -
- 07 -
- 08 - - (First time in England)
- 09 - /
- 00 - Not Fade Away - (By The Rolling Stones)
- 00 - My Generation - (By The Who)
- 00 - Radar Love - (By Golden Earring)
- 00 - Come Together - (By the Beatles)
- 00 - Whole Lotta Love - (By Led Zeppelin)
- 10 -
- 11 -
- View -
- 1987 - - 2
- 1983 - - 5
- 1981 - - 2
- 1980 - - 1
- Covers - 1
- Tour -
- Fan Recorded -
- Venue -
- Festival -
- Venue Address - Donington Park, Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2RP
- English County - Derbyshire
- Area Map -
- Last Show Here -
- Capacity - 60,000
- Attendance - 60,000
- Total Gross - n/a
- Ticket Price - n/a
- Show Time - n/a
- Promoter - Aimcarve Ltd..
- Headliner - Ozzy Osbourne
- Support Act - Scorpions
- Support Act - Def Leppard
- Support Act - Motorhead
- Support Act - Bad News
- Support Act - Warlock
- 01 - - Lead Vocals
- 02 - - Guitars
- 03 - - Guitars
- 04 - - Bass
- 05 - - Drums
songs by album
share this setlist:
venue street view
A view looking towards the area where the stage was set up for the original festival with the racetrack since revamped.
explore def leppard tour history