- Location / Leeds/Harehills, England
- Venue / Fforde Grene Hotel
The first show by the band in this coastal seaport since February 1980 on the first UK leg of the tour.
The time at this venue and second of two shows here in 1980.
The venue is located in the Harehills area of Leeds and to the North East of the city centre.
It was opened in November 1938.
It hosted concerts from the 1970s until at least early 1984 with bands like The Sex Pistols, Simple Minds and U2 also playing here.
The venue closed in July 2004 and is now home to the CC Continental Supermarket.
Another show on a club tour to road test new songs written for the second album.
This was done as the band waited for producer Mutt Lange to become available which would not happen until March 1981.
He had been due to start working with them in October 1980 and when the delay continued Joe suggested this club tour.
Initially due to just be two shows in Chesterfield which was owed to the owner of the paper factory in Dronfield where they where writing and rehearsing songs.
The shows were opened by 'High 'n' Dry (Saturday Night)' and 'This Ship Sails Tonight' was also played (later to become 'Too Late For Love'.)
'High 'n' Dry (Saturday Night)' was used to open the shows on this tour with 'This Ship Sails Tonight' played for at least the first few dates.
The third of the four news songs is confirmed as 'When The Rain Falls' which would go onto become 'Let It Go' in March 1981 as they band began working with Mutt Lange.
The other song played could have been album tracks that made it onto 'High 'n' Dry' or songs already played in April like 'Lady Strange' and 'Medicine Man'.
- 00 - n/a
setlist - (Unconfirmed)
- 01 - High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night)
- 02 - This Ship Sails Tonight - (Unreleased)
- 03 - When The Rain Falls - (Unreleased)
- 00 - Medicine Man (unreleased) - (Possibly Played)
- 00 - Lady Strange (Unreleased) - (Possibly Played)
- 00 - Only the first three songs are confirmed
songs by album / single
- 1981 - High 'n' Dry - 1
- Unreleased - 2
- Tour - Def Leppard On Through The Night UK Tour 1980
- Fan Recorded - none yet
- Venue - No Website
- Venue Address - Roundhay Road, Harehills, Leeds LS8 5RL
- English County - West Yorkshire
- Area Map - Google
- Last Show Here - 24th February 1980
- Capacity - 500+
- Attendance - n/a
- Total Gross - n/a
- Show Time - n/a
- Tickets - £2
- Promoter - n/a
- Headliner - Def Leppard
- Support Act - n/a
- 01 - Joe Elliott - Lead Vocals
- 02 - Pete Willis - Guitars
- 03 - Steve Clark - Guitars
- 04 - Rick Savage - Bass
- 05 - Rick Allen - Drums
share this setlist:
venue street view
get def leppard news
Stay in touch with the latest updates.
explore def leppard tour history