- Location / Glasgow, Scotland
- Venue / Tiffany's
The first show by the band in this city since October 1979 on the Highway To Hell tour with AC/DC.
Another show on the six week UK club tour with Witchfynde and local acts in support.
A less than half full venue for the band on their first headline show in the city. Something which also happened to a little known Irish band called U2 who played here on 4th October 1981 supported by The Comsat Angels from Sheffield.
The venue is located in west of central Glasgow near the M1 motorway. It is not far from another famous small venue called King Tut's Wah Wah Hut and is to the North East of the SECC complex housing the SECC venues and The SSE Hydro Arena beside the River Clyde.
The first time at this venue which was formerly called The Locarno Ballroom and currently known as Genting Casino.
The building was first opened in 1926 and became known as Tiffany's in the 1960s.
It hosted concerts throughout the 70s and up to late 1983 when it became a disco called Zanzibar.
According to an interview Pete, Rick and Sav went with the road crew to see 'Apocalypse Now' at a local cinema after the show. Joe and Steve were interviewed at the hotel.
- 00 - n/a
- 01 - It Could Be You
- 02 - Hello America
- 03 - When The Walls Came Tumblin' Down
- 04 - Rock Brigade
- 05 - The Overture
- 06 - Answer To The Master
- 07 - Sorrow Is A Woman
- 08 - Good Morning Freedom - (With Rick Allen Drum Solo/Pete Willis/Steve Clark Guitar Duel)
- 09 - Satellite
- 10 - It Don't Matter
- 11 - Wasted
- 12 - Ride Into The Sun
- 13 - Getcha Rocks Off
songs by album / single
- 1980 - On Through The Night - 11
- 1980 - Hello America - 1
- 1979 - The Def Leppard E.P. - 1
- Tour - Def Leppard On Through The Night UK Club Tour 1980
- Fan Recorded - none yet
- Venue - No Website
- Venue Address - 506 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 3LW
- Scottish Council Area - Glasgow City
- Area Map - Google
- Last Show Here - 29th October 1979
- Capacity - 1,800/2,500
- Attendance - 700+
- Total Gross - n/a
- Tickets - £2
- Doors - 7:30pm
- Promoter - Regular Music
- Headliner - Def Leppard
- Support Act - Witchfynde
- 01 - Joe Elliott - Lead Vocals
- 02 - Pete Willis - Guitars
- 03 - Steve Clark - Guitars
- 04 - Rick Savage - Bass
- 05 - Rick Allen - Drums
share this setlist:
venue street view
get def leppard news
Stay in touch with the latest updates.
explore def leppard tour history