home > tour history > 1979 > Sheffield, England #2
Thursday, 25th January 1979
- Location / Sheffield, England
- Venue / The Penthouse
The second show by the band in 1979 in their home city.
The first time at this venue.
This venue was located in the city centre on Dixon Lane and close to the Hotel Ibis Sheffield City.
It was first opened in 1969 by nightclub owner Peter Stringfellow and turned into a rock venue by the mid 1970s.
It was renamed in the 1980s as Rebels Nightclub and still hosted rock concerts.
The band were reportedly paid 13 pounds.
- 00 - n/a
setlist - (Unconfirmed)
- 01 - Glad I'm Alive
- 02 - Rosalie (By Thin Lizzy)
- 03 - Ride Into The Sun
- 04 - When The Walls Came Tumblin' Down
- 05 - Answer To The Master
- 06 - The Overture
- 07 - Beyond The Temple - (Unreleased)
- 08 - Sorrow Is A Woman
- 09 - Emerald (By Thin Lizzy)
- 10 - Heat Street - (Unreleased)
- 11 - Good Morning Freedom
- 12 - Wasted
- 13 - Getcha Rocks Off
songs by album / single
- 1980 - On Through The Night - 4
- 1980 - Hello America - 1
- 1979 - The Def Leppard E.P. - 3
- Covers/Unreleased - 5
- Tour - Def Leppard Early Years Tour 1979
- Fan Recorded - none yet
- Venue - No Website
- Venue Address - The Penthouse, 20-22 Dixon Lane, Haymarket, Sheffield
- English County - South Yorkshire
- Area Map - Google
- Last Show Here - 24th January 1979
- Capacity - n/a
- Attendance - n/a
- Show Time - n/a
- Tickets - n/a
- Total Gross - £13
- Promoter - n/a
- Headliner - Def Leppard
- Support Act - n/a
- 01 - Joe Elliott - Lead Vocals
- 02 - Pete Willis - Guitars
- 03 - Steve Clark - Guitars
- 04 - Rick Savage - Bass
- 05 - Rick Allen - Drums
share this setlist:
venue street view
A view of the building which used to house the venue.
A close up view of the old entrance.
get def leppard news
Stay in touch with the latest updates.
explore def leppard tour history